TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All applications should be submitted two to four weeks before the commencement date. It is important that applicants apply early for specific intakes.
All applications must be accompanied with a non-refundable application fee stated below and attach the following supporting documents duly certified (if applicable):
- Photocopy of NRIC / Passport
- All educational certificates and transcripts
- Other relevant educational/professional/training certificates
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Copy of Medical Insurance (if any)
|Course||Application Fee (inclusive of the prevailing GST)|
|Professional Certificate/Diploma/Advanced Diploma/Higher Diploma||S$21.40|
|Graduate Diploma/Specialist Diploma/Bachelor Degree||S$32.10|
Applicants can also apply through our website at www.mdis.edu.sg. For more enquiries, please contact any of our programme consultants or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All fees quoted are inclusive of the prevaiiing Goods & Services Tax (GST) and other costs arising from government directives.
- Non-tuition fees are not included. For more details, please contact our MDIS Programme Consultants.
Fee Payment Policy
Management Development Institute of Singapore Pte Ltd (MDIS Pte Ltd) collects course fees in accordance to the fees structure stipulated in the Standard PEI-Student Contract. An administrative charge of S$107 (inclusive of GST will be levied on each late instalment payment of the course fees. Fees are payable upon confirmation and acceptance of a place on the programme before the course commences.
Modes of Payments
Payments can be made by cash, NETS (with maximum of S$2,000 per transaction per day), VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, Telegraphic Transfer or by Cheque. For cheque payment, please indicate details of the programme applied for and your personal particulars on the back of the cheque.
Cheques must be crossed and made payable to “MDIS Pte Ltd”. Student Name, NRIC/FIN Number and Course Title should be written on the reverse of your cheque.
Refunds for Withdrawal Without Cause
Any request for a refund of course fees paid before/after commencement of the course shall be made as per the following refund policy.
Percentage of refund before the course commencement date
|% of aggregate amount of the fees paid as per MDIS-Student Contract||If a student's written notice of withdrawal is received|
|75%||("Maximum refund") More than 60 days before the Course Commencement Date|
|25%||Before, but not more than 60 days before the Course Commencement Date|
|10%||After, but not more than 7 days after the Course Commencement Date|
|5%||More than 7 days after the Course Commencement Date, but not more than 14 days after the Course Commencement Date|
|0%||More than 14 days after the Course Commencement Date|
A cooling-off period of seven (7) working days is applicable for a maximum refund from the date when the contract was signed.
The above refund policy is also applicable to company-sponsored students. MDIS Pte Ltd will assess and reply to any request for withdrawal within a time frame of not more than four (4) weeks. All refunds shall be made within seven (7) working days following the approval to the Student's request of withdrawal.
Refunds for Withdrawal With Cause
MDIS Pte Ltd shall inform the Student immediately within three (3) working days if
- It fails, for any reason to commence the Course on the Course Commencement Date;
- It terminates the Course, for any reason, prior to the Course Commencement Date;
- It fails, for any reason, to complete the Course by Course Completion Date;
- It terminates the Course, for any reason, prior to Course Completion Date; or
- The Student's Pass application is rejected by immigration and Checkpoint Authority (ICA).
MDIS Pte Ltd shall, within seven (7) working days of notifying the Student in writing of above circumstances (i) to (v), provide the Student with information and details of the alternative confirmed course arrangement to allow the Student to make timely and appropriate decision on the alternative arrangement.
The student shall be entitled to immediately withdraw from the Course by giving written notice to MDIS Pte Ltd of his/her intention to do so.
For circumstances under the above Clause, MDIS Pte Ltd shall, within seven (7) working days after notifying the Student, refund the Student:
- The entire amount of the Course Fees; and
- The Miscellaneous Fees.
MDIS Pte Ltd shall also, as soon as practicable after receiving the Student's notice of withdrawal (and in any event no later than seven (7) working days after receiving such notice) refund the Student the entire amount of the Course Fees and the Miscellaneous Fees.
- Request for programme withdrawal must be made in writing. A written notice of withdrawal from the programme ("Withdrawal Letter") must be delivered to the Student Care and Administration Department (SCA) at MDlS Campus, 501 Stirling Road, Singapore 148951.
- Students with genuine financial difficulties who wish to withdraw from the course should submit a written application letter to MDIS Pte Ltd for consideration. All requests must be supported with documentary evidence. Upon the final decision of MDIS Pte Ltd , the Institute shall inform the students in writing within seven (7) working days.
- All discounts/rebates that the student was entitled to shall be forfeited.
- MDIS Pte Ltd shall within seven (7) days of receipt of the Withdrawal Letter, send the student an acknowledgement of the request to the address stated in the Withdrawal Letter. If no address is stated, the letter will be sent to the address stated in the enrolment form. For the purpose of course fee being refunded, the official date of receipt of the student’s written notice of withdrawal, will be the date of receipt of the Withdrawal Letter which has been duly acknowledged by MDIS Pte Ltd.
- MDIS Pte Ltd will assess and reply to any request for withdrawal within a time frame of not more than four (4) weeks.
If a student who has been accepted by MDIS Pte Ltd decides to transfer to another school/institute/university before or after course commencement, a written notice of transfer must be given to the Student Care and Administration Department at MDIS Campus, 501 Stirling Road, Singapore 148951. This request shall be subject to the MDIS Refund Policy.
- Transfer out of MDIS Pte Ltd to another school/institute/university
- Student(s) who request to transfer out of MDIS Pte Ltd to another school/institute/university shall be deemed as withdrawing from the institute.
- Before accepting such a transfer/withdrawal request, SCA shall ensure that the student has no outstanding fees payable to the Institute. If there is any outstanding fee, the student shall be advised to make payment before the Institute processes his/her transfer/withdrawal request.
- Transfer within MDIS Pte Ltd but to a different course/downgrading of academic course(s)
- Such request(s) must be submitted before commencement of classes or at a maximum , within 14 days after the date of commencement of classes.
- SCA shall ensure that the student has no outstanding fees payable to the institute before accepting such transfer requests. The student shall be advised to make payment of any outstanding fees before the institute process his/her transfer request.
- If the request was received after commencement of class, the refund policy shall apply.
- The institute will not accept any transfer requests after fourteen (14) days of the commencement of the class. Students who insist on transferring will be processed as withdrawal and new enrollment respectively. The respective terms and conditions of the withdrawal policy shall then be applicable for both intakes.
- All requests for transfer to a different course within MDIS Pte Ltd or downgrading of academic course(s) must be submitted in writing and supported with an application fee of S$267.5O (inclusive of GST).
MDlS Pte Ltd will assess and reply to any request for transfer within a time frame of not more than four (4) weeks.
- All requests for course deferment must be made in writing. The student should send their request for deferment from the course to the Student Care and Administration Department (SCA) at MDIS Campus, 501 Stirling Road, Singapore 148951. All requests must be supported with documentary evidence.
- Students are allowed to defer only once up to the maximum period of one (1) year, failing which he/she will be deemed to have withdrawn from the course and would have to re-apply as a new applicant if he/she wishes to register on the course again. The refund policy will be applicable.
- Approval for deferment is at the sole discretion of MDIS Pte Ltd.
Expulsion and Disciplinary Matters
The Refund Policy shall apply for students who are expelled by the Academic Director and/or by the University partners for the following reasons:
- Poor performance in his/her examinations
- Poor attendance
Private Education Act
Fee Protection Scheme
With introduction of the Private Education Bill, ail students’ fees will be insured under the Fee Protection Scheme (FPS).
The FPS serves to protect the international and local students fees in the event that a Private Education Institute (PEI) is unable to continue operations due to insolvency and/or regulatory closure. Furthermore, the FPS protects the student if the PEI fails to pay penalties or to return fees to students arising from judgements made against it by the Singapore Courts.
MDIS Pte Ltd adopts the FPS Insurance for international and local students. The FPS Insurance offers insured students protection against the following events:
- Loss of course fees paid in advance by the insured student to MDIS Pte Ltd and not refunded, if the student cannot start or complete his/her course as a result of MDIS Pte Ltd becoming insolvent or being required by the Singapore authorities to stop operations.
- MDIS Pte Ltd fails to pay the sum awarded by Singapore Courts to the insured student, where such award relates to a dispute between MDIS Pte Ltd and the insured student on course fees paid by the insured student to MDIS Pte Ltd.
- S$10,000 benefit payable covering the insured studenfs accidental death or total permanent disability by accident.
MDIS Pte Ltd has appointed LONPAC Insurance Bhd and AXA Insurance Singapore Pte Limited to be the FPS providers for our students. The insurance coverage will be for the entire course fee and any course fees arising from an extension of study period longer than the planned study period (if applicable).
Certificate of Insurance
Upon payment of the insurance premium, LONPAC Insurance Bhd/AXA Insurance Singapore Pte Limited and MDIS Pte Ltd will issue a Certificate of Insurance to the insured student directly via email.
MDIS Pte Ltd has in place a medical insurance scheme by Liberty Insurance Pte Ltd for all its students as required by Council for Private Education (CPE) under EduTrust certification scheme. If you already have existing medical insurance coverage of S$20,000 and above, you may opt-out of this scheme. If you do not have medical insurance, MDIS Pte Ltd will purchase the medical insurance on your behalf at a fee of S$45 per annum (including prevailing GST) which will be paid by you.
This medical insurance scheme shall provide a basic annual coverage limit of not less than S$20,000 per student in B1 ward in government and restructured hospitals and up to overall maximum limit per policy year, with 24 hours coverage in Singapore and overseas (if student is involved in the school-related activities) throughout the course duration.
For more information on the Private Education Act please log on to the following website: http://www.cpe.gov.sg
The insured student needs to produce his/her Certificate of Insurance and original course fees receipts when submitting a claim under the insurance. LONPAC Insurance Bhd/AXA Insurance Singapore Pte Limited will notify all insured students of the relevant claim procedures to be followed.
Standard PEI-Student Contract
The Standard PEI-Student Contract is a legal binding contract between MDIS Pte Ltd and its students that embodies the following mandatory requirements:
- Clear definition of the course details - course title, pre-requisites, qualification awarded, course duration
- Full disclosure of all costs for tuition and non-tuition fees
- Commitment to the Fee Protection Scheme
- Clear definition of dispute resolution mechanisms
- Clear definition of refund policy
All students are required to sign the Standard PEI-Student Contract upon enrolment before making any course fees payment.
Study loans are available from the Telecoms Credit Co-operative (TCC) which offers special and attractive loan packages for MDIS students. Interested applicants may contact TCC directly at 6319 3700 for further details on the loan scheme.