- Aims to help students acquire English language skills in preparation for a tertiary education in the English medium
- Designed to ensure a progressive and systematic development of the listening, speaking, reading and writing skills as well as the linguistic competencies (i.e. pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary and discourse)
Course Duration & Structure
- Consists of 3 levels: Level 1 (Foundation), Level 2 (Intermediate) and Level 3 (Advanced)
- Each level completed in 11 weeks
- 350 contact hours with lecturers, inclusive of 332 intensive hours of teaching (per level)
- 5 days a week
- Students need to pass the necessary assessments in order to progress to the next level.
Level 1 (Foundation) - General English
Level 2 (Intermediate) - General English/Academic English
Level 3 (Advanced) - Academic English
Academic Reading, Writing & Study Skills
Duration & Intakes
|10 Months||December 2018/January 2019||April/May 2019|
|April 2019||August 2019|
|July 2019||November 2019|
|September/October 2019||December 2019/January 2020|
Fees & Structure
|Tuition Fees||Non-tuition Fees||Total Fees|
|SGD3,900.00||SGD1,000.00 - SGD2,100.00||SGD4,900.00 - SGD6,000.00|
Application fees: SGD321.00
# All fees quoted are inclusive of GST.
# International: Non-tuition fees for full-time programmes include MDIS membership entrance fee, membership subscription fees, MDIS experience workshop, PCIE exam fee, medical insurance, medical examination and administrative fee.
# Non-tuition fees for international students may vary.
# Non-tuition fees are non-refundable, refer to MDIS refund policy for more details.
NOTE: This programme is only offered when signing up for an academic programme with MDIS.
All applicants must be of age 14 and above.
Students who do not meet minimum English requirement of IELTS 6.0, Credit Pass (C6) in GCE ‘O’ Level English or its equivalent
International student is required to apply for a student pass if he/she wishes to study full-time in Singapore.
Applicant is required to submit the following documents to MDIS:
MDIS Application Form
- 4 recent passport-size photographs of the applicant. (against white background)
- 1 copy of Immigration and Checkpoint Authority (ICA) e-Form 16
- Copy of applicant's passport pages showing his/ her particulars and travel and travel document's date of validity. (At least 1 year)
- Copy of applicant's Birth Certificate / Affidavit
- Copy of applicant's Certified / Notarised copy of Education Results/Certificates and Transcripts ( with detailed results)
- Copy of the student pass (For applicants transferred from other schools in Singapore) or Notification for Cancellation of Student Pass, Visit pass and Embarkation Form.
- Must show proof of English Medium Study / First Placement Test Attempted / IELTS / TOEFL
- Copy of financial ability. (e.g. bank statement, fixed deposit / saving account ) • Visa Required Country only (E.g. minimum amount of RMB150,000 for PRC only)
- Proof of parent's occupation (PRC only)
- University Matriculation Form (if applicable)
- Letter by applicant indicating interest to study with MDIS (study plan/ statement of purpose) for Master programmes
*Notarized English translations are needed if documents are in other languages.
For more enquiries, please contact us at 6278 8000 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MDIS permits students to pay their course fee in instalments. An administrative charge of S$107.00 (inclusive of GST) will be levied on each late instalment payment of the course fee. Fees are payable upon confirmation and acceptance of the place in the programme before the programme commencement.
You may pay your fee by cash, NETS, VISA, MasterCard, AMEX or by cheque or through our financial assistance scheme.If payment is by cheque, please indicate the details of the programme applied for on the back of the cheque, stating clearly you personal particulars and company name. Unless otherwise stated, all fees are inclusive of GST.
Please note that under the Private Education Act, all students will enter into a Fee Protection Scheme contract with MDIS.
Student Pass Application
International students are required to apply for a student pass if he/she wishes to study full-time in Singapore. Please click here for detail information.
11 weeks per level
Dec 2018/Jan 2019
+65 6247 9111
Main Hotline: +65 6796 7660
- China: +65 8305 5107
- Taiwan: +65 9181 1527
- India: +65 8137 2392 / +65 8713 7364
- Vietnam / Thailand: +65 9137 4990
- Korea: +65 9372 5853
- Myanmar: +65 8727 4147
- Laos / Cambodia: +65 8779 6040
- Malaysia / Indonesia : +65 9058 5398
- Russia / Others: +65 9739 4924