Oklahoma City University, USA
Founded in 1904 as Epworth University under the sponsorship of two Methodist Episcopal Churches and in co-operation with the Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce, Oklahoma City University (OCU) has become a highly regarded educational institution in the USA and internationally.
With a tradition for quality, personalised and value conscious education since 1904, OCU is highly committed to academic excellence. It has been dedicated to the objective of bringing together a well-qualified student body, excellent teaching facilities, outstanding competence and the most advanced ideas in both curriculum and teaching methods.
Nationally and Internationally, OCU is recognized as being on the cutting edge in preparing its students to participate in international business life.
The University acts as a validating body for the certificate, diploma and advanced diploma programmes in mass communications and marketing management offered by MDIS. The undergraduate programmes in mass communications are taught directly by the university.
Reviews of Oklahoma City University, USA
OCU is ranked 26th in the 'Regional University West Rankings' by the U.S. News and World Report Best Colleges Rankings 2013.
Accedited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA)
Identified in 2004 (for the ninth year running) as one of America’s 100 Best College Buys by the Institutional Research & Evaluations, Inc.
Named by The National Review College Guide as one of the top 58 liberal arts schools in the US
Named one of the 'Best College in the Western Region' by the Princeton Review 2008
OCU has been offering programmes in Asia since the early 1980s and its programmes are offered in most major Asian countries Students in the Mass Communications department at OCU had won the following awards:
- Corporate Video - 1st place award (for 7 times) in annual student competition sponsored by the Oklahoma Broadcast Education Association
- Pegasus Award - 1st place in Corporate Video category
- TV Scriptwriting - 1st place award (for 3 times) in annual student competition sponsored by the Oklahoma Broadcast Education Association
- Placed in top 10 (for 8 times) in regional advertising American Advertising Federation student competition
- Placed 1st in Best Overall Newspaper category in student competition sponsored by the Oklahoma Collegiate Press Association
Oklahoma City University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA), the University Senate of the United Methodist Church, the National Association of Schools of Music, the American Bar Association, the Supreme Court of the State of Oklahoma, the Oklahoma State Board of Education and the Oklahoma State Regents.
Regional accreditation by North Central Association of Colleges and Schools is the recognition criteria used by the United States government.
- Grenoble Graduate School of Business, France
- Northumbria University, UK
- Oklahoma City University, USA
- University of Sunderland, UK
- Bangor University, UK
- Nottingham Trent University, UK
- Leeds Beckett University, UK
- Teesside University, UK
- Edinburgh Napier University, UK
- University of Portsmouth, UK
- Coventry University, UK
- University of Plymouth, UK